Easy Chicken Chow Men Recipe In 30 Minutes!
Are These Sentences Familiar To You?
“Please hurry up Mama, it’s too late”.
“Oh honey, pack my lunch, I’m already ten minutes late for work”
“I don’t wanna eat bread and egg daily in my lunch break. All of my friends bring cheesy things to eat”
“Make me something that I can eat and share with everyone at the office”.
These are the words that you hear every morning. Not only that, but many such words that your child and your husband say before leaving for school or office.
In the morning when everything looks chill and bore and all the surroundings show awkwardness and laziness, you leave your warm and peaceful bed unwantedly. Get straight into the kitchen, set the utensils, and start preparing breakfast and then lunch for your homies.
It’s just too annoying. (not for you, don’t you love your husband and children?)
None of us want to be getting up early in the morning, dragging your feet towards the kitchen, and start making something that your family likes. Don’t worry! You’re not the only one. In fact, every homemaker or even a working lady has to face such a situation on a daily basis.
Chicken Chow Men Can Do Wonders!
What if I tell you that there is something you can prepare in just 30 minutes? This 30-minute recipe is probably going to be your kid’s favorite (if you cook it perfectly LOL!).
Now you don’t have to get panic about what to cook for lunch? On top of that, how to cook a scrumptious dish by using available ingredients?. As I’m going to share a recipe that can do wonders for your toddler’s mood and husband’s temper too!
Photo credits: Island midwife
So without any further due, let’s just hooked yourself into this blog post to find out if you can prepare delicious food that can make your toddler happy in 30 minutes.
Chicken Chow Men- A Variable Dish
A mixture of greasy noodles, luscious chicken, mild cheese, and mouth-watering sauces. Chicken chow men is somehow the most favorite treat among toddlers. Every kid enjoys noodles and chicken. He would love it and eat it more if you blend it with a lil bit of cheese, boiled eggs, ketchup, mayonnaise, and especially with his favorite vegetables.
Despite being prepared so quickly, the best part of chicken chow men is that you can add as many flavors to it as per your choice. Above all, you can also sprinkle different nachos, and snacks to give it a crunchy texture.
I think you should get the recipe now.
What Are The Ingredients I Need To Make Chicken Chow Men?
First, you need some essentials to make a specific type of Chinese spice.
Ingredients For Chinese Spice:
- 1teaspoon black peppercorn
- 3 small pieces of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 10 cloves
- 1 star anise
Blend all the spices in a blender for 2 minutes. Your Chinese spice is ready!
For Sauce You will need;
- Chicken powder 1 tbsp or chicken cube 1
- Water 1 cup
- Oyster sauce 4 tbsp (easily available in general stores)
- Black pepper powder ½ tbsp
- Ketchup 2 tbsp
- Chili garlic sauce 2 tbsp
Mix all the ingredients very well, your sauce is ready now!
Ingredients For Chicken Chow Men
- Boiled noodles 280 g
- Chicken ½ kg
- Vinegar 2 tbsp
- Soya Sauce 1 tbsp
- Baking Soda ½ tbsp
- Black Pepper ½ tbsp
- Salt as per your choice
- Green chilies 2
- Ginger 2 inches
- Garlic 7 cloves
- Onion ½ large size
- Oil 2 tbsp (olive oil gives taste but you can use any oil)
- Green pepper 1 (cut into slices)
- Mushrooms 10
You can add as many vegetables.
Chop the vegetables. I use spring onion, bell paper, sweet bell paper, and cabbage. Try to make your dish colorful, so it will attract your toddler.
How To Cook Chicken Chinese?
- Take ½ kg chicken ( I recommend breast pieces), mark thin cuts on them.
- Add 1 tbsp of Chinese spice you’ve prepared before.
- Now 2 tbsp of vinegar
- Add 1 tbsp of soya sauce.
- Once you’ve added all the above things, add ½ tbsp of baking soda, black pepper powder, and salt. ( I would recommend you not use so much salt here as we’ve already added soya sauce)
Now mix the chicken very well and keep it aside for marination until you boil noodles.
Preparing Chicken Chow Men Curry
- Chop the ginger into small biteable square sizes.
- Grind seven cloves of garlic and make it a thick paste. (don’t use frozen paste)
- Chop the green chilies vertically.
- Light on the stove at a very high level till your pan becomes hot.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil and leave it for one minute to heat.
- Add your marinated chicken in it. This mouth-watering combination of marinated chicken and oil will produce a sizzling sound and peppery smell.
- Fry until the chicken turns brown. It will hardly take 3 minutes.
- Take out the chicken and keep it aside.
- Now add 3tbsp of oil into the pan and add chopped chilies, garlic, and ginger in it. Saute it for 30 seconds till it turns into golden brown color.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and mushrooms to the pan and toss it for one minute.
- After that, add your boiled noodles. Don’t boil noodles too much. Leave it in a raw stage. When you cook them with vegetables, they will ultimately get cooked with it.
- Finally, add the sauce and mingle all elements together for 5 minutes. At last, add the marinated chicken and mixed it together.
Chow men is ready now. Grab your toddler’s lunch box and filled it with this spicy but nutritious dish!
Some Tips To Make It More Exciting!
- You can add cheese or even sprinkle more spices.
- I don’t think so this dish will need more sauces for addition. However, you can also add ketchup or sauces
You surely noticed that chow men can be cooked in just 9 steps and 30 minutes. So isn’t it a perfect option for your toddler’s lunch?
Do you like this recipe? Try it and tell in the comments section below. I’m more than eager to know if my recipe works!